CANCELLED - D.C. Bar Law Student Community Judicial Clerkship Bootcamp
March 27, 2020
Credit: 0 Credit Hours
**This program has been cancelled.
Calling all 1Ls! Register now for the Judicial Clerkship Bootcamp, a day-long, intensive educational and practical program designed to expose law students to clerking as a career option. Hosted by the D.C. Bar Law Student Community, participants will learn about the various types of judges, courts, clerks, and clerkship opportunities available during and after law school. Hear from current and former law clerks on how to prepare your resume and application to be a competitive candidate. Receive an overview of the federal application process and participate in an interactive writing exercise to experience the type of work a law clerk actually does.
Featured Judge: The Honorable Jill R. Cummins, Circuit Court of Montgomery County, MD, interviewed by her current law clerk Raynna Nkwanyuo
Pre-registration for this program is encouraged. As always, please feel free to share this invitation with other law students. D.C. Bar membership is not required to attend. Food is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Doors open at 8:30 am. Session begins at 9:00 am. Please bring your own laptop/tablet for an interactive exercise.
**Please check this page in case of inclement weather for program status or call the D.C. Bar at (202) 737-4700 for more information.
Are you a current law student and looking to register for one of our programs? Join the D.C. Bar Law Student Community and attend most individual programs at a discounted rate. Find out more here
Sponsored by: D.C. Bar Law Student Community
- Honorable Jill R. Cummins, Circuit Court of Montgomery County, MD; Interviewed by her current law clerk, Raynna Nkwanyuo
- Jimmy Balser, former clerk, U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit (Panelist)
- Harout Doukmajian, current clerk, District Court of MD (Panelist)
- Michele Hoff, Associate Director for Judicial Clerkships, Georgetown University Law Center
- Annica Mattus, former clerk, D.C. Superior Court, Civil 1 and 2 (Panelist)
- Brittany Sims Nwankwoala, Staff Attorney, Member & Policy, D.C. Bar
- Adriana Zick, Managing Attorney, D.C. Bar, former clerk, Arizona Court of Appeals (Moderator)
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION
Registration Fee: $0 D.C. Bar Law Student Community Member; $15 Non-Community Member Law Student
REGULAR REGISTRATION *After March 20, 2020
Registration Fee: $10 D.C. Bar Law Student Community Member; $20 Non-Community Member Law Student
Brittany Sims, Staff Attorney, Member & Policy, D.C. Bar
Harout Doukmajian, Current Clerk, District Court of MD
James Balser, Former Clerk, U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
Jill Cummins, Judge, Circuit Court of Montgomery County, MD
Michele Hoff, Associate Director for Judicial Clerkships, Georgetown University Law Center
Adriana Zick, Managing Attorney, D.C. Bar (Moderator)
Annica Mae Mattus, Former Clerk, D.C. Superior Court, Civil 1 and 2