SERIES PROGRAM: An Overview of Partnership Taxation Series: A CLE Accredited Summer Course
May 21, 2019
Credit: 1.0 Credit Hour Per Session
**Pre-registration is now closed. On-site registration is available.
This ten-session series will provide an overview of partnership taxation law and will focus on topics relating to choice of entity, partnership formation, and partnership operation basics; financial accounting and capital accounts and partnership allocations; allocation of nonrecourse deductions; contributions of property; partnership liabilities; transactions (other than sales) between a partnership and its partners; sale of a partnership interest; distributions; and disguised sales, summation of class, and other special topics.
All sessions have been accredited for CLE (1.0 credit hours per session). You may register for each individual session by clicking on the titles below.
Level: Intermediate (Some knowledge of tax law would be preferable)
- May 21, 2019 - Choice of Entity; Partnership Formation; Partnership Operation Basics
- May 28, 2019 - Financial Accounting and Capital Accounts and Partnership Allocations: Substantial Economic Effect
- June 3, 2019 - Substantial Economic Effect; Allocation of Nonrecourse Deductions
- June 18, 2019 - Contributions of Property
- June 25, 2019 - Partnership Liabilities
- July 2, 2019 - Transactions (other than sales) between a Partnership and Its Partners
- July 9, 2019 - Sale of a Partnership Interest
- July 16, 2019 - Distributions (Session 1)
- July 23, 2019 - Distributions (Session 2)
- July 30, 2019 - Disguised Sales, Summation of Class, Special Topics
Individual program dates and times are subject to change.
Pre-registration for this program is encouraged. As always, please feel free to share this invitation with colleagues. D.C. Bar membership is not required to attend. Doors open 30 minutes prior to content start time.
Are you a law student and looking to register for one of our programs? Join the new Law Student Community for FREE and attend most individual programs at a discounted rate. Find out more here
Sponsored by: D.C. Bar Taxation Community
Related Community of Interest: D.C. Bar Corporation, Finance and Securities Law Community
- Sarah Brodie, Associate, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Vivek Chandrasekhar, Legislation Counsel, Joint Committee on Taxation, U.S. Congress
Series Registration Fees:
- Early Bird (may 7 and prior): $325 Taxation Community Member; $325 Corporation, Finance and Securities Law Community Member; $590 Non-member
- Regular (after may 7): $360 Taxation Community Member; $360 CFSL Corporation, Finance and Securities Law Community Member; $630 Non-member
Please select Individual Registration to register.
Sarah Brodie, Associate, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
Vivek Chandrasekhar, Legislation Counsel, Joint Committee on Taxation, U.S. Congress